aia, leed ap bd+c
architectURE / prINCIPAL / Design Technology Manager
Tang is a licensed architect and LEED accredited professional who has managed complex projects for educational institutions and private industry. He graduated from the University of Utah in 2002 with a Master’s Degree in Architecture and then spent 7 years practicing in Boston MA. After exploring the east coast Tang returned to Utah in 2009 and joined GSBS Architects.
Technology and its role in architecture has always been an interest for Tang. His leadership and initiative in this area has lead him to be the IT & IS manager at GSBS. Tang’s abilities & expertise was also recognized by Newforma (project information management software) who has asked him to participate in case studies and discussion panels on technology and architecture.
Tang maintains a connection to the larger architectural community by being involved with AIA Utah. He has served as the treasurer and has been a member of the AIA Utah board of directors. Tang has also been involved in the architectural student mentorship program and is regularly asked to be a visiting critic for classes and studios at the University of Utah Graduate School of Architecture.
Notable Projects include:
• University of Utah Hospital Clinics 1, 2, 3 Remodel (Salt Lake City, UT 2018)
• Snowbird Cliff Lodge 10th Floor Pool and Spa (Snowbird UT, 2017)
• University of Utah Health Science Faculty Flexible Work Space (Salt Lake City UT, 2017)
• Snowbird Creekside Day Lodge (Snowbird UT, 2016)
• University of Utah Hospital F&E Buildout (Salt Lake City, UT 2015)
• Snowbird Summit Building (Snowbird UT, 2015)
• Utah Valley University Student Life Center (Orem UT, 2013)
• Weber State University Classroom and Central Plant (Layton UT, 2013)
• Salt Lake Community College Center for New Media (Salt Lake City UT, 2012)
• University of Utah College of Nursing Building Remodel (Salt Lake City, UT 2009)
• American Institute of Architects, AIA
Back to PEOPLE page