associate aia, leed ap bd+c
architecture / BIM MANAGER
A.K.A. REVIT QUEEN
Melissa first discovered her love of the technology side of the AEC industry at the Salt Lake Community College, where she earned her Associates degree in Architectural Technology. She continued on to earn her Bachelor of Science in Architecture from the University of Utah, and then gained experience working in both large and small firms before joining GSBS in 2005.
Melissa came on board just in time to start the glorious transition from Autocad to Revit. Since that time, she’s kept very busy creating and revising BIM standards for some very interesting conditions. She previously served on the leadership committee of the Wasatch Front Revit User's Group, was a speaker at the North American Revit Technology Conference in 2014, and taught AutoCad and Revit classes at Salt Lake Community College. She continues to be passionate about finding new and innovative ways for project teams to make the best use of a BIM both during the life of a project and beyond.
Melissa enjoys hiking, snow shoveling, vole watching, breathing clean air and deer dodging. Good thing, too, since she lives in Suncrest, Utah where all of those things are readily available! She can also be found spending time at home dabbling with her reef tank or catering to every whim of their dog, Proxy.
• Associate AIA
• LEED AP BD+C
• Revit Architecture Certified Professional 2009-2015
• Salt Lake City Public Safety Building
• Salt Lake Community College Center for the Arts and Media
• Salt Lake Community College Health Sciences Center
• Utah Valley University Pope Science Building
• Utah State University Huntsman School of Business Addition
• Xactware Office Building
• Cabela’s Distribution Center
• Salt Lake City Public Services Maintenance Facility
• Rio Tinto Distribution Center
Back to PEOPLE page