Jesse Allen is a principal of GSBS Architects and has been with the firm for over 10 years. He is one of the few professionals in the state to be licensed in both landscape architecture and architecture, and brings this comprehensive perspective to all of his projects. Jesse approaches each project with a collaborative attitude that values client and stakeholder interaction and involvement. He starts each project by defining a shared vision with the client that shapes and informs decisions throughout the entire design and construction process. Jesse excels at projects with multiple voices and is skilled at facilitating productive discussion and decision making, leading to the realization of project goals.
Jesse recently served as project manager for the award winning Regent Street Improvements Project for Salt Lake City from 2014 to 2017. Regent is a mid-block street in downtown Salt Lake City that required significant place-making, urban design, landscape architecture, lighting, wayfinding, and civil improvements. This complex design and engineering project involved an 18 person steering committee and dozens of stakeholders and adjacent property owners.
• Natural History Museum of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
• Salt Lake City Public Safety Building, Salt Lake City, UT
• ENVE Composites Headquarters, Ogden, UT
• Regent Street and Mid-Block Crossing Urban Design, Salt Lake City, UT
• Millcreek Meadowbrook Small Area Plan, Salt Lake County, UT
• Murindi Primary School Schematic Design, Kigali, Rwanda
• Cottonwood Heights Municipal Center, Cottonwood Heights, UT
• Tracy Aviary Flight Cage Remodel, Salt Lake City, UT
• West Valley City Animal Shelter, West Valley City, UT
• Xactware Office Building, Lehi, UT
• Utah Cultural Celebration Center Platform Addition, West Valley City, UT
• Sugarmont Mixed-Use Development Concept Design, Salt Lake City, UT
Back to PEOPLE page