richard brock peterson
aia, leed ap
architect / principal
Born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, Brock began his career in architecture working for his father Richard L. Peterson, ASID, as a draftsman at the age of 15 years old. He spent a year working for Edwards and Daniels Architects before coming to GSBS in 1987. He has been a Principal at GSBS since 2004.
Brock is a licensed architect in the State of Utah since 1999 and a member of the American Institute of Architects. He currently serves on the Member Services Committee for the local chapter of the AIA.
Brock spends time outside the office with his children fly fishing and snowboarding. He’s been an active guitar player in the Salt Lake City Music scene for over 30 years.
Notable project with GSBS Architects include:
• Utah Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center – LEED Platinum
• Salt Lake City Public Service Maintenance Facility – LEED Gold
• Newmont Long Canyon Mine Facilities
• Multiple warehouse and distribution buildings at Business Depot Ogden
• Salt Lake City International Airport Snow Equipment Storage Building
Back to PEOPLE page