Lauren k. Smith
Lauren started her career by earning a Landscape Architecture degree from Purdue University in her home state of Indiana. During her education she completed a year-long internship in the Phoenix-metro area, and after completing her degree in May of 2011 she relocated to the Phoenix area and spent the first eight years of her professional career working as a Landscape Designer. She has gained experience on a variety of projects within public and private developments including: parks, municipal buildings, streetscape improvements, and transit facilities. After nearly eight years in Phoenix, Lauren sought out a change and relocated to Salt Lake City and began her career with GSBS.
Lauren believes in working in a collaborative environment and using precedents to create new designs that are desirable and most importantly, useful for all users. When designing spaces, she is primarily inspired by shape, color, and texture. Her passion lies in creating spaces for communities that are used on a daily basis. Lauren’s attention to detail, appreciation of the design process and site analysis allows her to provide quality designs that are unique and flow with nature.
• City of Surprise Parks and Recreation Master Plan – Surprise, Arizona*
• City of Surprise Pickleball Courts – Surprise, Arizona*
• R.H. Johnson Pickleball Courts – Sun City, Arizona*
• R.H. Johnson Aquatic Facility – Sun City West, Arizona*
• Marley Park Phase 3 Community Parks – Surprise, Arizona*
• Legacy Park, Garden Park, Patio Park, Game Park, Theater Park
• Redmond Field – Buckeye, Arizona*
• Heritage Swim Park – Buckeye, Arizona*
• Pioneer Park – Mesa, Arizona*
*Projects completed prior to joining GSBS.
Back to PEOPLE page